the Council was today gathered to discuss the havnedirektør Inge Tangerås future in Bergen and omland narvik (BOH).
Lke after at 12 o’clock, it was clear that Tangerås is removed from the position as havnedirektør.
After a long and thorough debate has havnerådet with a large majority supported the board’s recommendation to initiate a process of terminating the employment of the harbour director, says Jon Askeland, the leader of the council.
Askeland stated that 16 of the 19 in attendance, members voted to remove Tangerås.
– Tangerås will now be called in for discussions. Where will you try to reach a conclusion in the matter. This is the start of a process, ” says Askeland.
Supported the board’s recommendation
Havnestyret went at the end of January for that Tangerås should be removed from the position. Havnerådet is the top organ in the BOH, and took in the day the final decision on Tangerås future.
– A total advice agreed with a total control about the that it committed a clear violation of Bergen’s ethical standard, which is a part of arbeidsreglementet in the municipality, ” says Askeland.
Askeland describes the case as difficult.
– There is no winner in a case like this, it is hard and sad, ” he says.
Ulrik Jørgensen continues as acting director until the board can bright out the position again.
TOOK the DECISION: Havnerådets leader Jon Askeland and Ulrik Jørgensen during the meeting Thursday.
Photo: May-Helen Rolfsnes / NRK
Investigated for corruption
Tangerås has been suspended from the post after he was indicted for corruption in the so-called cruisedåp case. Also former mayor Trude Drevland and nests Torstein Hagen was indicted in the highly publicized case.
Tangerås and his wife said yes please to a minicruise with the “Viking Star” after the baptism 17. may 2015. This is among the points he has been investigated for.
Korrupsjonssaken is dismissed, but a committee established by the havnestyret has considered whether Tangerås has acted in violation of the havnevesenets ethical rules.
Foto: Tom Guldbrandsen
- Mayor Trude Drevland was godmother when the cruise ship “the Viking Star” was baptized in a large-scale ceremony at Bryggen in Bergen, 17. may 2015.
- In the aftermath it came out that Drevland and her son in June the year before was taken by private planes at Flesland airport and flown to Venice, where they stayed at luxury hotel. Travel and accommodation was paid by the shipping company Viking Cruises, which is owned and operated by Norwegian Torstein Hagen.
- After the baptism in the Bergen went Drevland and her husband on a three day cruise with “Viking Star”, a journey paid for by the company.
- Two months after veneziaturen ba Garden Drevland for help to get changed the rules of the Norwegian International ship register, so that the cruise ship could be registered and have a home port in Bergen. Drevland contacted the Norwegian trade and industry minister Monica Mæland, who is a former yesterday in Bergen. Two months later the rules changed.
- After revelations in the media was the mayor Drevland on sick leave 5. June. A planned free cruisereise with the “Viking Star” in October was also cancelled after the media stories. The journey was a gudmorgave from the shipping company.
- 15. June lamented Drevland failing judgement in an emotional press conference at city hall in Bergen.
- the Police created a case opened to investigate the circumstances around the skipsdåpen and travels, but politijurist Ole Bjørn Mevatne henla case only four days later, before the trip to Venice and the cruise in October was known.
- 10. august was Trude Drevland back on the job for the Right after sykmeldingen.
- After the lookup in the media asked the commissioner of police John Reidar Nilsen 31. august to consider the resumption of undersøkelssesaken. Attorney general Erik Proud-Nielsen confirmed the resumption only a few hours later.
- Late the same evening, told Trude Drevland in a press release that she would take unpaid leave while politisaken in progress.
- 18. september took the police out of charges of gross corruption against Drevland and havnedirektør Inge Tangerås. Tangerås la to facilitate skipsdåpen 17. may, and was with to Venice, and on the cruise after the national day.
- Later also have owner Torstein Hagen has been charged with corruption. Police say the investigation of the case can take months or years.
- READ ALL ABOUT the CASE HERE.
want to continue
the Lawyer Tangerås say that they haven’t seen a cancellation yet, and that they will go to trial when they get it. Formally speaking, he is still suspended from the job.
– The only thing we have been told, is that Tangerås has made itself guilty of violations of the municipal code of the default. What we have been given of the grounds for the termination, is what we have read in the newspaper. If it is as thin as what we read in the newspaper, it retssak, ” says Svein Aage Valen.