An Italian woman (52) is seriously injured after falling over 30 meters from an Italian cruise ship in Flam. The condition is critical.
According to operations manager Trond Hatlenes in Sogn og Fjordane police the woman was on board the cruise ship Costa Fortuna.
According to police, the woman fell 30-35 meters down in the sea. They reported first that there had been a possible violent episode until the woman fell into the sea in Flam, but at 23.30 o’clock police said that there has been no criminal offense aboard the Italian cruise ship.
interrogating the crew and captain
The woman is sent to Haukeland University Hospital. The condition is critical, according to the hospital to VG.
Witnesses are now being questioned by police for more details. 22.30 informs Hatlenes VG that police are still present on the cruise ship.
– We are on the ship with an interpreter to interview the crew and captain. We have currently very little new information, other than that it may appear that it is uncertain what happened before the fall. What has happened before she fell we do not know, but we are investigating wide and keep all doors open, says Hatlenes.
The police have not received any notice of the condition of the woman has changed.
A doctor at the tourist ship should have treated the woman after she came up on land.
– The woman lay in water for two to three minutes and was unconscious when the Port Authority got her ashore, says harbor master John Erik Johnsen to Bergens Tidende.
Johnsen sat on the opposite side of the dock, and took nothing with him fall, but was immediately called up from the bridge of the ship.
– I was told that someone had fallen overboard and got booted lifeboat. We got her on board our boat and over to the hospital ship. She fell from the deck ten, says Johnsen told VG.
At 21.40 says Harbor Master VG that he spoke with the captain for a half hour ago.
Was on my way to go
– He does not have much to say and do not know much about what has happened. They were going to go when this happened, and there was one on the bridge who reported that he saw people fall into the sea, says Johnsen.
According to Harbor Master would ship scheduled to go ahead in Stavanger on Sunday evening in 18 o’clock.
– If the police are finished within an hour, the ship lying in the night and go directly to Amsterdam tomorrow, says Johnsen VG clock 22.
The ship was built in 2003, has 13 decks and can accommodate 2,720 passengers.
The ship is now on a tour that started in Amsterdam Monday and visited Bergen, Hellesylt , Åndalsnes and Olden during the week before it will return to Amsterdam via Stavanger, NTB reported.
Passenger: – Difficult to obtain employees
A passenger from Turkey on board the cruise ship and says that passengers have received little information about what happened after the accident.
– When the accident occurred, it was difficult to get hold of the employees on the ship. I know that several passengers tried to make an emergency call, no response, said passenger VG.
VG has repeatedly tried to get in touch with the company, without success.