Monday, June 27, 2016

Torbjørn Røe Isaksen takes no reelection – Bergens Tidende

Minister Torbjørn Røe Isaksen (38) has given the election committee in Telemark Right remark that he did not seek re-election in Parliament next year.

– It has been a pleasure and an honor to represent Telemark in Parliament, but I have notified the Nomination Committee that I do not ask myself at the disposal of the next period. It’s not a decision I have taken in recent weeks, but something I’ve thought about for a long time. I have been open about this to the prime minister, says Røe Isaksen said in a statement Monday morning.

Røe Isaksen has been Minister of Education since 2013, elected to Parliament from Telemark since 2009.



Continuing happily as minister

– I’m almost 40 years. In practice, I have been doing politics full time since I was elected leader of the Young Conservative Party in 2004. Since then I married the woman of my life, we’ve got a wonderful daughter who turned two years yesterday, and that I enjoy every moment along with. We would like to have more children too. Becoming father puts his life and everyday life in perspective, he said.

However, he stresses that he wants to continue as Minister.

– I look forward to continuing as Minister and to run election campaign in 2017. the government has more chance to get renewed confidence from voters than most governments before us.

Tough and rewarding

He said that the election is not about that it can be a letdown to return to Parliament after being state line.

– I’ve had tough but rewarding years in Parliament, he says, and points out that he is not finished with politics.

– This option does not in any way that I am done with politics. I want a little more open future than a commitment for another four years in Parliament entails. My decision is personal and trades simply about the long lines of life, and where I am right now.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment