Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Minister Røe Isaksen not running for another term in Parliament – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): Minister Torbjørn Røe Isaksen’m not going to stand for the next parliamentary elections.

The printer Conservative politician said in a statement.

– It has been a pleasure and an honor to represent Telemark in Parliament, but I have notified the Nomination Committee that I do not ask myself at the disposal of the next period. It’s not a decision I have taken in recent weeks, but something I’ve thought about for a long time, writes Røe Isaksen.

Røe Isaksen has previously been described as a possible successor to Erna Solberg, and therefore this was a decision that likely will affect Right significantly as a party.

Røe Isaksen writes that the decision comes against the background of where he is in life.

– I’m almost 40 years. In practice, I have been doing politics full time since I was elected leader of the Young Conservative Party in 2004. Since then I married the woman of my life, we’ve got a wonderful daughter who turned two years yesterday, and that I enjoy every moment along with.

-We would like to have more children too. Becoming father puts his life and everyday life in perspective, adds the Minister added.

The press release also states that Røe Isaksen has been open to the prime minister Erna Solberg about her decision.

Projectors he writes that his decision did not come on the basis of the Conservatives’ policies. Røe Isaksen believes that the government has implemented the policy they have promised.

Here he draws particularly like the Conservatives stood for election to make teacher training into a master’s program, as well as to provide more continuing education for teachers.

the press release emphasizes Røe Isaksen that he is not going to withdraw from the government.

– it is a privilege to engage in politics, and I look forward to continuing as Minister, not least in the exciting election year.

Can article be better? Have you found an error we should know about?

Report here

Equal Dagbladet on Facebook

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment