Moss does not away handle the extreme weather “Urd”. Monday evening and Monday night is expected strong wind from the west with gusts between 25-35 m/s.
1. christmas day join Norwegian Meteorological institute that handle the extreme weather “Urd” is on its way towards Southern Norway.
– we Will see the storm in the Moss?
– Yes. It will be high water in connection with the flo sea on Monday evening and into the night, ” says the on-duty meteorologist Kristen Gislefoss.
– the Oslo fjord is perhaps the most exposed when it comes to water, ” he says.
Østfold may expect gusts up to 35 m/s and up to 130 centimeters higher water levels than what is normal.
– Have you moored a boat, one should check that there is enough slack to go on, so that it can withstand the high water. In general, people secure the objects of their, say Gislefoss.
Follow the trend
Alarm Fire in the East, they follow the development continuously.
– so far We have not oppbemannet the pbx, but we are prepared to take action. Experience shows that slow anything when it comes here, ” says vaktleder Morten Ravneng.
Late Sunday afternoon, notified By the Fire to the East about the upcoming handle the extreme weather on Twitter.
They sent out two messages where they encourage all to prepare at very high water levels, and ensure their eiendelser as well as it allows itself to do.
NRK also announces about possible delays in air traffic due to handle the extreme weather.
– Meet at the airport at the usual time, and track information from the airline, ” says Lasse Vangstein, spokesperson at Avinor.
– Have a full tank
More mountain passes are also closed due to the storm, notify the Norwegian public roads administration.
See the full schedule here.
They encourage people to over the mountain in the car to take enough food, drink, warm clothing and make sure to have a full tank, writes NRK.