Sunday, May 1, 2016

Gerd Kristiansen. Strikes Hit LO leader – Dagsavisen

 
 

What does a trade union leader at this 1 May 2016?

 
 

– I stand surely early. One is always a little tense. There adopting Youngstorget May 1 to give a speech, it is incredibly huge for me. I feel awe when I think of those who have been there before me.

 
As Einar Gerhardsen, for instance?

 
 

– Yes, and Tranmæl, Bratteli, and all the old trade union leaders … But before that we will gather some people here in the office at 11.00. Are we really lucky, we get us some food before we go out. But the hotel and restaurant strike still ongoing, we do not get food.


 
 

There are food shortages here at Youngstorget?

 
 

– Yes, our cafeteria here in LO is closed because of the strike, as is serving at Oslo Congress Centre. We must bring a packed lunch. For my part I have a pack crackers here. I can do well with it! Then we take the last be tuned for the speech, and then it’s out on the square. I hope and believe it will be a lot of people.

 
Last year 9,500 people on trains in Oslo. Do you think there are just as many this year?

 
 

– I hope that people see that there is as much to parade for this year as last year. The slogan for this year’s May 1st is “full employment” and the fight against unemployment is very important for us. But it is otherwise sufficient grasp of important issues, and there are of course other slogans as well.


 
 

On a scale of 1-10: How has really labor movement there, this 1 May 2016?

 
 

– I’m not gonna roll some dice, but that said, we have a rising unemployment, and a government that does not come with measures against it. Meanwhile attacked our rights on all sides in the Norwegian society. You can start with the cleaners in defense thrown out, and where it takes in the private sector. Then we can go to the seaside and to dockers, who are fighting for a collective agreement. So you can go in the air, where Norwegian trying to push foreign workers into the long-distance routes its. Now, when it becomes battle for jobs, will be pressure on wages and a market for unserious in the workplace. They use the opportunity to push down wage levels, while people who are keen to get into jobs agrees agreements with employers that they would not accepted if it were normal conditions. Unemployment is simply root of all evil!


 
 

Can you give us a preview of May 1 speech, the short version?

 
 

– The short version is that I’m going to talk about unemployment. I will, of course mention other issues that are important, strike, for example, but I’m going to talk mostly about unemployment, and the government, which does not include any measures to curb it. They believe that this is no crisis! They think there abuts the southwestern coast, but the rest of us are going to go clear of the action. That this is just a little short steep section we soon come across that there is oil price sake. It is not the whole truth, to put it mildly.


 
 

1. May is also a day for symbols. Labor leader Jonas Gahr Støre got a real telling the time he went to Svalbard and forgot to hoist its flag first. Is such really so important?

 
 

– Jonas thought enough not know this was so important. I think you should have respect for symbols, and now fit enough Jonas really that the flag is hoisted in the morning, although he may be out to travel on May 1. Although I live in apartment Grünerløkka without flagpole, but I tend to order my brother home in Harstad to display the flag of my outside our house there. And it makes him even though I think he really is center portion man!


 
 

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment