Monday, January 25, 2016

Jan Bøhler retires after 12 years – Dagsavisen

Dagsavisen meets head of Oslo Ap, Jan Bohler, and Chief Commissioner Raymond Johansen in a cafe on Stovner center. Amidst Labor Bastion in Oslo, Groruddalen. Café Guests greet and ask if it is true that there is an ongoing power struggle between them for leadership in Oslo Ap. “No, no” laughs the two.

For Oslo Aps leader ahead will neither be named Jan Bøhler or Raymond Johansen.

Reaching its goal

After 12 years as chairman, choosing namely Bøhler to step page.

– The nomination committee’s deadline expires today, and I will tell that I did not stand for re-election. 12 years is a long time, and there’s something about to give up when goals are reached. In my time Oslo Labor has received 2,000 more members, we have gone from 30 to 60 percent support in the core areas of Differences, never has it been more quiet in the party than now, we have been striving to win two elections and, the icing was to win power in Oslo now. I’ve never been so happy with the Oslo Labor as now, and then it’s easier for me to hand over the baton to a new leader, says Bohler.



Johansen says no

As Dagsavisen has discussed, a number of key people in Oslo Ap wished Johansen would take over the leadership. But Johansen has a “bad” news to them:

– If the election committee asks me to take over Oslo Ap, my answer is that I will not. I lead city government, sitting in Aps the Central and National Board, and I meet party board of Oslo. Then it is good to let the other forces, says Johansen.

– Buckets you party colleagues now?

– It is nice with many solicitations, but I think I do better benefit for me with what I do now, says Johansen.

– I think people get to experience Raymonds leadership in full measure unless he is party leader, adds Bøhler to.

New Head

So who should then lead the Labour Party’s local chapter?

– It is up to the selection committee. At the last crossroads, I was unsure if I should continue, but then I was not as confident about what would happen if I pulled myself. Oslo Ap is now less dominated by wings than previously. Therefore, I think we now go to a good and orderly process, says Bohler.

– There must be someone I can work well with. There are many good candidates. It is important to have someone who can build the organization and be unifying, says Johansen.

– And who could it be?

– Now Oslo Ap choose their leader. It’s set down a nomination. But they ask me for advice, I’ll give them that, says Johansen.

After that Dagsavisen understand it is particularly a candidate stand out: The current group leader for the Labor Party in the City Council, Frode Jacobsen. Parliamentarian Marianne Marthinsen also mentioned. Local teams in Oslo Labor has until February 11 to record candidates. The nomination committee submits its final recommendation in early March.

– That none of you should lead the party forward must come as a surprise to many in Oslo Ap?

– Is not it good then? ask a chuckling Johansen.

– By taking some surprising grip, we show that we will renew us. I will concentrate more on urban policy in Parliament, said Bohler.



Will continue in Parliament

Bohler has been Member of Parliament and worked with oslo matters for over ten years. And he will continue if Johansen gets what he wants.

– When Jan informed me that he will resign, I was clear about one thing: You must continue to work with oslo matters in the years ahead from Parliament. It is my wish. Jan is the parliamentary representative who knows the Oslo best. We need close cooperation between the municipality and the state, and it is important to have an advocate with deep knowledge, says Johansen.

Asked whether Bøhler itself will take a period of, it Johansen responds first.

– I have squeezed in January to go for a period of. It will of course be a democratic process, but I have to say what I think about the matter.

Oslo Ap want to fall put down a nomination committee to put together a list of options for the general election in 2017. – I’m glad Raymond will push me to continue – it’s motivating. We go Ap further in town both at parliamentary elections and the next municipal elections. I feel a responsibility as the sole parliamentary representative of Groruddalen. When not all evenings are added to Oslo Ap, I get even more time to meet people and engage me more locally in sport, says Bohler.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment