Thursday, April 21, 2016

Minister of the judgment against the state: – I realize that many react – NRK

I heard one hit from Utøya early today, and many others. I think we should have great understanding that for them this is a strong limited experience, says Labor leader Jonas Gahr Støre in Political quarters on NRK P2.

Anders Behring Breivik was successful in the elements of civil lawsuit against the state. The verdict says that Skien prison and Ila Detention and Security Prison violate Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) Article three, concerning inhuman or degrading treatment.

Insulation length and insufficient justification for the project is described as some of the crucial factors for judgment.

Eskil Pedersen reacted strongly

– What is your reaction to the terrorist won a case about prison conditions from the state?

– we respect that we have the right processes here. This is not a final judgment, and there may come an appeal. I shall therefore be careful not to comment on the verdict, responds Minister.

It is now almost five years since the attacks on the government quarter and at Utøya. Earlier AUF leader Eskil Pedersen told NRK after the verdict became known that he is upset that Breivik prevailed in the lawsuit against the state.

– I was very surprised, angry and quite upset. I think many people feel a bit like a punch in the stomach, said Pedersen.



Sentenced for inhumanity

Ylva Helene Schwenke (19) was shot four times on Utøya. She hopes the state appeals judgment.

– In theory, I believe everyone should be treated with respect, but in this case it is very difficult to be objective. I know there are many who feel it as a violation, and I’m pissed on their behalf, she said.

Labor leader Støre has great understanding of the reactions to come.

– I want the say on a day like this, when the Norwegian government guilty of inhumanity to this man, then I realize that there are many who react. What then remains of words in relation to what happened on July 22? Støre says.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment