Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hanna (15) dug down in the storm – VG

Hanna (15) dug down in the storm – VG

RØROS (AP) Hanna Lyrek (15) from Alta had no idea where she was when the dog sled she drove hit the storm.

– It feels well. Finally. It started to get a bit cold up there, says 15 year old Hanna Lyrek.

She is one of the four youths who were reported missing in the night under Femundløpet. All are found in good condition.

For VG she tells how it was to be alone on the mountain while the storm stood.

– First, I lost track, but I chose to rely on managers to see where they led me. I had run for a while before I saw a stick. But I just came in looser and looser snow. It was not so easy for the dogs to go in it, says Lyrek.

She was missing for 12 hours before they found her. Then we had 15-year-old dug down.

– When I arrived at the top of the hill was both me and the dogs tired. I did not know where I was and it was all white up there. Then I thought that it was better to stop so that someone could come help us than that we should wrap around up there. Suddenly there may come a steep hill and then we see nothing. It was the safest to do when you get into such a situation, you know that.

VG come back with more.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment