Friday, February 20, 2015

“I experience sake, but is not threatened with death …” – Aftenposten

"I experience sake, but is not threatened with death …" – Aftenposten

You’re one of the initiative tonight arrangement “Peace Ring” at the synagogue in Oslo. But you are not particularly fond of Israel?

– No, I’m not. I like simply no policy Israel leads in the conflict with Palestine.

-On your Facebook page let you in summer out text and a map where Israel is gone. Do not you mean that Israel has a right to exist as a state?

– It is difficult to answer … But the answer is yes. But in a fair way.

What do you mean by that?

– Israel should be allowed to be a state, but it should be a smooth and not least a fair solution to the distribution of land between Palestine and Israel.

-Understands that some wonder what you really think?

– It is not so difficult: I have nothing against Jews and have never expressed it either. Jews in Norway are not responsible for the actions of the state of Israel. There are also Norwegian Jews who reject Israel’s policies.

-You encourage anyone coming tonight to let party political banners and flags lie at home?

– Yes, because we want all welcome, regardless of political affiliation. We do not want slogans, but a worthy selection which supports the Jewish population in Norway. Jews must get enjoy the same freedom to choose, exercise and display religious affiliation as any other Norwegians.

Do you know any Jews?

– No, I do not. I have most Muslim friends, that’s it.

-So what did you think the idea of ​​arranging “Peace ring?”

– After attacks in Copenhagen I wanted and some other young Muslims to do something active to show our disgust. First and foremost because we are fellow human beings. It is important for me as a Muslim in Norway to show solidarity with Norwegian Jews. We reject the Jew-hatred that many face daily.

What Does Islam Say about hatred?

– Islam is to protect our brothers and sisters, regardless of which religion they belong to. Islam is to rise above hate and never sink to the same level as the haters. Islam is to defend each other.

-You and the other behind tonight’s event are members of the group “Injustice Revealed.” Who are you?

– We are a closed group which counts 3,500 members. We wish to highlight injustices happening in the world, and that may not always get as much attention in the Norwegian press.

– “Peace Ring” is featured in the Israeli and American newspapers and websites. And Bergen is it organized a solidarity celebration. What do you think about it?

– I think it’s nice and very encouraging at a time when there’s so much going negative. And maybe more now can see that there are many prejudices against Muslims. That we are not the enemy of the Jews, and stirs up hatred and anti-Semitism.

-Have Muslims no guilt in this?

– There are extreme people in all environments. Muslims can not be blamed for everything that is wrong or goes wrong.

-Some say in comment fields on the web that the event is a game for the gallery, you orchestrating something to better Muslims reputation?

– People get believe what they want. I can not do other than follow my convictions. And after all I get and all that is behind the event most positive feedback.

-Experience even threats and harassment?

– Yes, I do . But I will not be threatened with death. But there are messages that I’ll make curry of your head …

-Are you never afraid?

– No, I’m really not, and I do not think I have reason to fear anything or anyone.

-You have always been a tough girl?

– Yes, on saws school I got a teacher to start crying. I did not mean to be mean but challenged boundaries and was rebellious and rebellious. But it went over.

Where you have your involvement?

– Much of my parents, but most of the teachers on saws. They gave me confidence and belief that I can fix most if I only want. And they encouraged me to take the word and outer me.

-So what do you think about freedom of speech?

– misunderstand me now: I understand them behind the attacks on Charlie Hebdo editors in Paris – because the drawings and caricatures were so extremely provocative. I understand their anger and rage. But when it is said: No one has the right to exercise violence or murder because they feel they are being violated.

You’re not a fan of absolute freedom of expression?

– No, because I do not quite understand why it is so important to provoke. I think we should pay attention and think before you utter. I think many personal Christians will feel it offensive if one caricatured Jesus as a pig …

What hope you come out of the “Peace ring?”

– I hope that by Saturday, it may be easier for me and all the youngsters in Norway to be Muslim. That it will be easier for all Jews to be Jews. That there should be room for everyone. That we can live together in peace and love.

-Naivt?

– It seems certain someone, but it is allowed to hope.

wenche. fuglehaug@aftenposten.no

twitter:fuglehaug

Published: 20.feb. 2015 9:48 p.m.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment