Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Barber Hodne about her first meeting with the niqab-clad woman: – Very uncomfortable – the TV 2

on Monday evening met the diskrimineringsdømte hairdresser Merete Hodne and the woman who reported her, Malika Bayan (24), for the first time since the barber was sentenced in the Jæren district court.

the Duel took place at a public meeting in Larvik, and despite occasionally hostile munnhuggeri rant disputtene out in a kind of reconciliation that they agreed to disagree.

When the tone was far kvassere when the rest of the invited debaters took the stage. For Hodne was it difficult to keep his emotions in check at the sight of the niqab-clad samfunnsdebatanten Leyla Hasic.

I’ve never seen a niqab-clad woman in reality before, and I thought it was very uncomfortable. For peace sake I took her hand and greeted. In relation to the hijab, I received yet more so vemmelsesfølelse with the niqab, I did it. She had never been allowed to come into the salon my, I had never dared to let in some people, ” says Merete Hodne to the TV 2 after the debate.

does not Preclude the use of niqab

Malika Bayan, there was however a revelation to meet the niqab-clad.

Hairdresser Merete Hodne to Malika: – You are so cute with a headscarf

It is not unthinkable for me a time to go with the niqab. I fully support those that go with the niqab and become happy of to see the. I know Leyla is a strong lady, yet I get hurt when people come with bad things and flings shit about those who go with niqab. Of course, it is a little tougher to go with the niqab in Norway than if I had lived in a muslim country. It to stand out and stand up with the niqab here in Norway are very tough, ” says Malika Bayan to TV 2.

Even feel Leyla Hasic that the debate went quite smoothly.

It was educational and good to get cleared up a part. There are very many who are talking about us women who go in niqab. They assign us the opinions and thoughts that I do not have. We are very few who go with the niqab in Norway, ” says Leyla Hasic to the TV 2.

Was released of the niqab

She tells us about a long process before she took the choice of whether to use the niqab.

I felt a lack, that something was missing when I went with the hijab, and found out that it was niqaben. It took me quite a long time, actually one year with assessment whether I should start with the niqab or not. Now I have gone with the niqab for five years. I understand that it is incomprehensible to very many, that it is far from the reality. But for my part as is it that which is my reality. I feel liberated, ” she says.

At the end of the debate on the folkemøtet grabbed several audience members the word and gave their adherence to one of the parties.

Skværet up on the back of the store

The advance had Malika Bayan expressed that she thought she came to be in the clear minority, but instead, she experienced to have a large following on the first rows.

It wasn’t expected, but it was very fun that there was a fan base here. I thought in advance that 90 per cent would be against me, that I came to be grilled by the audience. But it went better than expected really. And so it was fun to hit Merete on the back and a little talk with her. I may well like her. But she has some opinions that I’m strongly against, and I have some opinions she is strongly against, it’s okay, ” says Bayan.

Barber Merete Hodne has appealed the judgment of the district court to the court of appeal.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment