Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Stomperud disappeared under Laerdal-fire – back after 10 months – VG

Stomperud disappeared under Laerdal-fire – back after 10 months – VG

He has survived several falls from the veranda and cat plague, but when large fire broke out thought mistress Liv Hønsi that “Stomperud” had used up all of their nine lives.

Hønsi had to evacuate from home on January 18 this year, when much of Laerdal city was in ruins. The house she rented was devoured by the flames.

– I lost everything, and considered that “Stomperud” had also burned inside. We were down at the ruins several times over the following days, but we found he tells Hønsi to VG.



Nice phone

But on Monday night, she got a call from Randi Aarethun in animal shelters Created Indre Sogn.

– I did not believe it was true. But when we got home last night and saw the cat, we knew he left right away, says Hønsi.

She has no idea how “Stomperud” has been the last 10 months.

– I think he has walked around, but it is little wonder that no one has reported basis.

Monsen is still shy and emaciated, says his owner.

– He lie rounds couch. We had to lure him out with food when the photographer from the local newspaper was here to take pictures, tell Hønsi, who now live further up the valley.



– Wonderful story

Scholar The beers have had a tough year after the fire, which took 42 houses and left 71 people homeless.

– This is a wonderful history and a bright spot in terms of everything that has happened in Laerdal, says Randi Aarethun in animal shelters Created Indre Sogn.

Seven years old “Stomperud” was found last Sunday. The case was first described by NRK.

– It was a neighbor who found the cat first. I pulled recognized it right away, but could not place it. The cat was so starved and emaciated. I was quite sure I had seen the cat before, so I did a dive in our archive of vanished animals.

– When I found “Stomperud” I realized at once that the emaciated cat was him. He has a distinctive appearance. Now remained only to find the right owner, tells Aarethun.

– I called the owner on Monday, when she was in Bergen, and she did not believe me until I told him. The cat had the been declared dead for 10 months! He apparently wandered from house to house. No one has said anything, so I do not understand how “Stomperud” may have been since the fire

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment