Saturday, November 1, 2014

Attacks good shelves with parents as spectators – Fædrelandsvennen

Attacks good shelves with parents as spectators – Fædrelandsvennen

TVEDESTRAND – When the kids first came in and helped themselves of sweets, I immediately thought that this will be difficult to turn into. Then I realized that they had plans to pay for some things. They just went, telling Bråten to Fædrelandsvennen.



Halloween Train

The event, which was first featured in Tvedestrandsposten, occurred Thursday night when a couple of shops in the center of Tvedestrand had gone together to organize a Halloween train for kids.

Bråten itself was positive measure, and had set up booth to sell sweets, which undoubtedly is a key ingredient of Halloween.

And it was during the Halloween train the kids came in.

Parents (lack of) reaction shocked

But it was the parents’ reaction, or rather lack of it, which really shocked kiosk owner.

– The sweets they took was standing right at the counter, and I got stopped one kid who had both hands up in the bucket of soda powder, tells Bråten.

– The kid just looked at me strangely before mother broke in: – Gives you not away? – No, I said, I’m selling candy. Then she rolled her only with the islands.

– In retrospect, I have been asked why I did not just locked the doors and took back the candy. The answer is that I was completely paralyzed. I stood there thinking, this is not normal, says Bråten.

He estimates that there were four to five parents who stood around the kids in the rear. None of them responded, except she did not understand that he not only gave away candy.

Tok candy for 700

Bråten estimates that candy for about 700 million disappeared.

– I had filled up the shelves the same day, and therefore knew how much I had. It disappeared several Christmas marzipan bags for 55 cents apiece, and many little things to 5-6-7 cents apiece. But it was impossible to keep count along the way, says store owner.

– I did not really intend to go to the newspaper with this, but once I got going for me, I wanted to show how it has been. Now I have owned the kiosk for three years, and you see a lot of things, tells Bråten.



– Children can behave as they want

– When I was little we got remark that “Now you behave yourself, we are in the store.” Now children can behave as they please. It’s just dive in, says Bråten.

– We were never like that. Not my kids or my buddies kids either, says Bråten, stressing that it is the parents who must take responsibility.

– Children should not talk to. Then I am the dumbest person. And it only gets more and more of this, with ever younger children. It’s a bit like that, I have everything and to have it all. I could certainly put out some free candy outside the kiosk, but it had all been empty. No one just takes one thing, says Bråten.



Hoping for debate

Now he will talk with the police to illuminate the action.

– I’m not going to report something, for me there is no big loss, but that’s the way it is done in that particular. I would like to get a discussion about this, tell Bråten.

And the discussion he has. Both in the comments to Tvedestrandsposten and Facebook discussed the issue hotly.

– I’ve got me a bit of debate, and it is fortunately not that I’m stupid or that it is the kids’ sake. In essence, the people that it is parents here have to take responsibility, says Bråten.

Tell us if you can help Fædrelandsvennen to make contact with the parents of the children. We know that Svein Braathen not the identity of the children or parents who should have been inside the kiosk, and have therefore not been able to obtain comments from them.

What do you mean? Have your say in the debate field below.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment